Harbor cherishes childhood, cultivates wonder and inspires confident learners and leaders.
These are the core, guiding principles at Harbor Country Day School, and the source of both our vision and energy. We measure our performance against a “portrait” of the academic and social development we strive to foster in every Harbor student.
Harbor graduates are:
- Fearless learners, and reflective leaders who negotiate effectively
- Prepared to exhibit compassion and tolerance in a global community, owing to a solid moral and ethical foundation
- Culturally experienced and conversant in the humanities and the sciences
- Prepared to achieve their dreams because they view themselves as works continually in progress
These are the aspirations we have for our students. They parallel the values and aspirations of the school's founders, and are reflected in the work and passion of our school leaders, faculty, and board of trustees.
Our mission guides us in making decisions, and in setting the standards by which the curriculum is evaluated.
Moreover, these principles provide the touchstone by which the need for change in the future can be assessed.
- Assess the true cost of achieving these goals and monitor our current capacity to accomplish them;
- Ensure that we have the sufficient staff and financial support necessary, whether through our revenue streams or other means; and,
- Continually review our priorities to ensure that we are on track for success in each of the five areas.
"SINE LABORE NIHIL - WITHOUT WORK NOTHING"
For six decades, our graduates have remembered the school’s motto as one of life's truths -- that nothing comes without hard work.
All students are taught how to work with purpose and how to make it fun.