Admission at Harbor
Dear Prospective Families,
For prospective families who live locally and can arrange a visit to our campus, the Admission process works in the following way.
Interested families may choose the to begin the conversation by:
The Admission Department will reach out to you to schedule the next steps. This includes a phone call followed by a visit to tour the school. Your child is welcome to tour with you or may wait until after the parents' first visit to the school. A follow-up visit could include attending an Open House, which is another good way to become familiar with the school. We can also provide prospective parents with contact information to reach out to a past or current Harbor parent. Our Parent Ambassadors love to assist!
In the meantime, we will provide you with online resources to become familiar with the school, such as access to online information and parent testimonials.
Upon receipt of an enrollment Application, student visits will be planned as follows:
- Preschooler 2s, 3s, 4s: We look forward to meeting you and your child with a short visit to the school to meet the prospective teacher.
- Kindergarten: We invite you to bring your child to school for a brief visit and for a short kindergarten screening. The results will be shared with you upon completion.
- Grades 1-8: We will work with prospective parents and students to schedule a two-day visit to Harbor. We believe that the two-day visit gives prospective students a chance to "catch their breath" and settle into learning about life at Harbor Country Day School. Prospective students will receive a daily schedule and will be introduced to students who will act as their friendly ambassadors during their visit. During the two-days, students will live the life of a Harbor student. Our visiting students will be invited to enjoy a complimentary Harbor lunch. Once settled after the first day, students will complete writing and math assessments. We ask all parents to please advise us if your child(ren) has a food allergy, health issue, medical restriction or religious observation that you would like us to be aware of. All students must be fully immunized.
We ask for the following materials:
- Your child(ren)'s most recent report card
- A Student Evaluation form from a teacher (or two Student Evaluation forms if the applicant has changed schools within the last year)
- Grade 4-8 applicants will complete a Student Application.
Once your application file is completed, the Admission Committee will review your materials. Tuition assistance is available and may be reviewed here