Attending an open house at Harbor provides prospective students and their parents with a no-obligation tour of the school and an opportunity to speak with people who understand the true value of a Harbor education: the parents of our current students.
Why Attend an Open House?
Investing in a Harbor Country Day School education is an important decision, and an open house is the best way to learn about the many factors that differentiate Harbor from other schools. Topics you’ll want to explore include:
- The advantages offered by an independent, nonprofit school that is governed by a board of dedicated trustees and driven by a clearly defined, purposeful mission.
- How a safe, enriching school environment is provided that focuses on each child’s individual learning style and goes beyond simply “teaching to the test.”
- The importance of challenging each student academically to prepare them for honors classes and advanced placement when they graduate and move on to secondary school.
- The opportunities for students to learn to succeed as both leaders and team members as they grow into the upper grades.
- The way Harbor’s students support and learn from one another and value their differences.
- How eighth grade students enjoy helping and acting as role models for younger students, and share in an environment where it’s “cool to be smart.”
Arranging Your Visit
If you are a parent who shares Harbor's commitment to learning and individualized instruction, you will like what you hear and see on your visit to Harbor Country Day School. Please feel free to come to any of our open houses without prior notice. However, it would be very helpful if you can call or email ahead of time to arrange an individual appointment. Contact the director of admission by phone at 631-584-5555, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.