Welcome to Harbor Country Day school
Opportunities to Learn More About Harbor Country Day School
Private, In-Person Tours
Meet Harbor's Admissions Team
Director of Admission, Enrollment Management and Parent Relations
For Mrs. McBrien's credentials and biography please VISIT HERE.
Assistant to Head of School & Admission
For Mrs. Mutschler's credentials and biography please VISIT HERE.
A Message from the Director of Admission
Dear Prospective Parent,
The 2023-2024 Admission season is underway at Harbor Country Day School with openings still remaining in preschool and in our kindergarten through grade 8 classes.
At Harbor, we offer smaller class sizes for individual learning, dedicated, seasoned professionals with years of teaching experience, and an advanced curriculum in science, mathematics, Global language, and technology. If you want your children to develop a love of learning while discovering new interests and talents please contact us to learn more about the value of a Harbor education.
Here are some ways to find out more:
Join us for an upcoming Open House as shown above. Please RSVP by emailing Lynette Mutschler.
Attend a preschool "Meet and Greet" on Fridays between 11:15-11:45 a.m.
Request a conversation with an HCDS Parent Ambassador
Request an in-person school tour
To take part in one of these options, please simply reach out to me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!
Director of Admission, Enrollment Management, and Parent Relations
The Admissions Process
- Reaching out to Christine McBrien, Director of Admission at: email@example.com or at: 631-402-4176
- Completing an online Inquiry Form
- Completing an online Application
- Preschooler 2s, 3s, 4s: We look forward to meeting you and your child with a short visit to the school to meet the prospective teacher.
- Kindergarten: We invite you to bring your child to school for a brief visit and for a short kindergarten screening. The results will be shared with you upon completion.
- Grades 1-8: We will work with prospective parents and students to schedule a two-day visit to Harbor. We believe that the two-day visit gives prospective students a chance to "catch their breath" and settle into learning about life at Harbor Country Day School. Prospective students will receive a daily schedule and will be introduced to students who will act as their friendly ambassadors during their visit. During the two-days, students will live the life of a Harbor student. Our visiting students will be invited to enjoy a complimentary Harbor lunch. Once settled after the first day, students will complete writing and math assessments. We ask all parents to please advise us if your child(ren) has a food allergy, health issue, medical restriction or religious observation that you would like us to be aware of. All students must be fully immunized.
- Your child(ren)'s most recent report card
- A Student Evaluation form from a teacher (or two Student Evaluation forms if the applicant has changed schools within the last year)
- Grade 4-8 applicants will complete a Student Application.