Admissions for Pre-K - Grade 8
Dear Prospective Families,
- Reaching out to Christine McBrien, Director of Admission at: email@example.com or at :631-402-4176
- Completing an online Inquiry Form
- Completing an online Application
- Preschooler 2s, 3s, 4s: We look forward to meeting you and your child with a short visit to the school to meet the prospective teacher.
- Kindergarten: We invite you to bring your child to school for a brief visit and for a short kindergarten screening. The results will be shared with you upon completion.
- Grades 1-8: We will work with prospective parents and students to schedule a two-day visit to Harbor. We believe that the two-day visit gives prospective students a chance to "catch their breath" and settle into learning about life at Harbor Country Day School. Prospective students will receive a daily schedule and will be introduced to students who will act as their friendly ambassadors during their visit. During the two-days, students will live the life of a Harbor student. Our visiting students will be invited to enjoy a complimentary Harbor lunch. Once settled after the first day, students will complete writing and math assessments. We ask all parents to please advise us if your child(ren) has a food allergy, health issue, medical restriction or religious observation that you would like us to be aware of. All students must be fully immunized.
- Your child(ren)'s most recent report card
- A Student Evaluation form from a teacher (or two Student Evaluation forms if the applicant has changed schools within the last year)
- Grade 4-8 applicants will complete a Student Application.
What Parents Have to Say About Harbor
I just want to tell you how much my wife and I appreciate all that Harbor has done this school year. You all made coming to school feel safe and made it as normal as possible (despite COVID-19). Our daughter is thriving this year and I’m sure it has been a tough year for teaching. - A Kindergarten Parent
At Harbor, my children learned to self-advocate. They learned to love learning. They learned to ask questions about things they didn’t know about/things they got wrong on a test... Harbor taught my girls to ask questions and be engaged in their learning in a way that makes them confident to talk to their high school teachers. They understand that when you express yourself, it shows that you care.” - An Alumni Parent