- What does my child need to bring to camp?
- Is food provided for the campers?
- What are the Pickup Procedures?
- What if I need to drop my child off early?
- Can my child make up missed days?
- What are the staff qualifications?
- What if my child needs to take medication during the day?
- Can my child be in the same group as his/her friend?
- Can my child's friend or relative join him/her for an hour or so at camp when they are visiting?
- What are workshops?
- Can my child celebrate his/her birthday at camp?
- What should my child not bring to camp?
- Who do I contact with questions?
All campers should arrive with sunblock already applied and wearing a swim suit under their clothes. Remember: camp is fun and sometimes a bit messy. Please send your child to camp in old clothes. All campers will have a locker or cubby in which to store their belongings. Please send children in with the following:
- Lunch with a cold pack
- Change of clothes
- Second swim suit
- Plastic bag for wet items
- Water shoes (optional)
- Sneakers – Note that sandals are not allowed at camp.
Please label everything clearly with your child’s name!
Preschool and Kindergarten campers should bring an extra set of clothes in a labeled shoe box to leave at camp for the weeks they will be here (just in case!).
A morning snack is provided, and complimentary pizza is available for all campers every Friday. Ice cream and Italian ice are sold every day during lunch for $1. In addition, each camper is given a freeze pop at the end of the day.
Campers may bring their own lunch (please include a cold pack), or participate in our optional lunch program through Sequa Deli. Lunches must be preselected and prepaid, and include a side of fruit and bottled water for $5 per lunch.
Water is always available throughout the camp grounds. Please provide a drink for your child on pizza Fridays. If your child would prefer to bring his/her lunch on Fridays, this is fine, too.
- What time is dismissal?
- What if I am running late for pickup?
- What if my child is going home with another camper?
- What if there are certain people who I do not wish to have pick up my child?
- What if I need to pick up my child early?
The Head counselor for each camp group is a certified teacher. The group assistants are enthusiastic high school and college students, many of whom are majoring in education. Special activities such as soccer, arts & crafts, baseball and swimming are taught by local professionals experienced in working with children.
All academic workshops are taught by certified teachers, some of whom are on the staff at Harbor Country Day School.
There is a registered nurse at camp. All medicines should be given to her and not to the counselors. Please note that in order for the camp nurse to give any medication (including over-the-counter medication), a written medical order from a Doctor, as well as written parental consent must be on file in the camp health office.
Camp Harbor represents a unique blend of summer fun and educational opportunities. Our goal is to create an atmosphere in which campers feel confident and excited to develop their current interests and to explore new ones.
Our Preschool through 8th grade program runs for seven weeks. We offer a variety of flexible scheduling options: both full days (9:00 am – 3:30 pm) and mini days (9:00 am – 1:00 pm) for 2,3,4, or 5 days per week. We also offer an extended day option, with beforecare starting at 7:30 am and aftercare ending at 5:30 pm.
Throughout the day, campers will experience a variety of different activities, which include swim instruction, academic enrichment, STEM education, music, arts and crafts, athletics, and weekly contests/challenges. Campers entering grades 9 and 10 are enrolled in our Counselor in Training Program.
Our Workshop and Trailblazer programs are exciting options for students interested in fine-tuning a particular skill or experimenting with a new one. These specialized programs are offered as supplements to the Camp Harbor Program, or can be taken on their own.
For more information or to schedule a tour call us at 631-584-5555.