Harbor Country Day School
(updated: September 2, 2020)
As schools plan to reopen this fall, Harbor Country Day School continues to monitor the COVID-19 situation carefully and is taking proactive and prudent measures to ensure the health and safety of every member of the community in accordance with the guidance provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and other health officials.
This section is designed to provide convenient access to reliable information resources regarding the coronavirus in general, as well as timely updates specific to the School’s response and planning efforts. Please know that this page will be updated regularly as new information becomes available.
- Q. What is the novel coronavirus COVID-19?
- Q. What are the symptoms of COVID-19?
- Q. How is COVID-19 transmitted?
- Q. What should I do if I develop symptoms associated with COVID-19?
- Q. What should I do if I suspect exposure to COVID-19?
- Q. Is there a phone number I can call to report suspicion of COVID-19?
- Q. Who can be tested for COVID-19?
- Q. Is there a vaccine or treatment for COVID-19?
- Q. How can I protect myself and my community?
- Q. Are there any suspected cases at Harbor Country Day School?
- Q. What steps has Harbor Country Day School taken to minimize the risk of transmission?
- Q. Should I inform Harbor Country Day School if I suspect exposure to COVID-19?
- Q. What are the re-entry protocols that are in place after travel to ensure a safe return to campus?
- Q. Has the School canceled classes, trips and/or events?
- Q. How is Harbor addressing learning during possible future school closures.
- How to talk with children about COVID-19.
- COVID-19 Home Preparedness Measures
- Social Distancing Practices
- Information from the NYS Department of Health
- CDC Updates & Recommendations on COVID-19
- Hotlines & Resources from Suffolk County, NY